“Shuva did an excellent job and I appreciate the ‘personal snooping’ she did on our Facebook site. Her comments were very helpful and we will be implementing change.”
– Business owner on a Social Media Presentation by Shuva to the DeWitt Chamber of Commerce
Since 2009 Shuva Rahim has been teaching area businesses about social media marketing and blogging. Why? Because as an on-location commercial, wedding and family photographer in Iowa City and the Quad Cities, she has seen firsthand how using social media effectively as a marketing tool has heightened awareness about her art and generated business.
And Shuva is passionate about teaching other businesses the same principles she uses.
For two years Shuva taught continuing-education business development classes on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogging through the Eastern Iowa Community College District. She also has spoken to several groups about social media marketing – such as the DeWitt Chamber of Commerce and the Iowa Park and Recreation Association – and was featured on Paula Sands Live (KWQC-TV6) in March 2012 about her series of classes.
Her audiences have included store owners, senior-living administrators, yoga students, makeup artists, photographers, bankers, landscapers, dentists, insurance agents, attorneys, nonprofit directors, realtors, physical therapists, travel agents and more. In addition to classes, Shuva also offers one-on-one blogging and social-media consultations for small business owners (15 or fewer employees).
* * * * *
“Everything she shared with us was purposeful and useful. The one thing which resonated with me was the importance of including your “why” statement. Her discussion on “why” inspired me to immediately write mine!! I would recommend Shuva to others who wish to be guided on business with the aid of social media!!”
– Roberta, teacher-trainee, on a Social Media presentation by Shuva at a Quad Cities yoga studio
* * * * *
Here’s a summary of the private and group classes Shuva offers for 15 people or less. Prices do not reflect travel.
~ SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING CLASSES ~
- FACEBOOK PAGE FOR BUSINESS ($50/hour) — This beginning class is geared for businesses new to using and marketing on Facebook.
- TWITTER & LINKEDIN FOR BUSINESS ($50/hour) — Learn how to effectively use Twitter to gain credibility in your industry worldwide, and use LinkedIn to connect with colleagues in your industry locally.
- BLOGGING FOR BUSINESS ($35/new student per hour) — A blog is a business’s news service. This comprehensive course takes you into the mechanics of blogging – from setting up it, learning what to write, how to write it and how to get people to read what you post.
- SOCIAL MEDIA FOR NONPROFITS ($40/nonprofit per hour) — Social media is invaluable when you work in the nonprofit sector. A small amount of time on social media can make a huge impact over time. Learn how you can maximize use of social media to connect with current and future donors within seconds, without spending little, if any, money to get your message across.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – THE NEXT STEPS ($50/hour) — This advanced course is an overview on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Learn about how to tie these social media sites together so your message remains consistent and true to your brand.
To schedule a group class or a one-on-one with Shuva, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (319) 512-9344.